Monday, April 9

Poem....




My Heritage


--------------------


I may not be rich from the world's point of view


I may not own land or houses- it's true


*


But i have a Father who has riches untold,


he abides in a city that has street's of Gold


*


He owns many mansion's in Heaven, you see


and he gives them away completely for free


*


The cost to my Father was none too small


He paid a great price when his Son died for all


*




So when people look at me here on this earth


and think i have nothing that's of any worth


*


I have a heritage that no-one can take


a home in heaven that never will break


*


This world has riches that will soon pass away


but my Fathers riches will last for eternity


________



by Karen Cullen


*




Psalm 16:6 The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant [places]; yea, I have a goodly heritage.

4 comments:

Chyrll said...

I really like your new poem! I would like to see a book published of all your poems. They are such a blessing to read. Keep up the good work.

Three Sisters Blog said...

Great poem, Karen! I really enjoyed reading it!
Lydia

TO BECOME said...

Wonderful poem, It is exactly my very own testimony. thanks for sharing it with us. connie from Texas

Sis. Julie said...

Amen!!! This is a wonderful poem!! I found myself shouting as I read it.