Tuesday, October 9

What's been happening this week....

My husband and 2 boys are in Scotland since Sunday and they will be returning home tomorrow.They have gone over to enjoy some special preaching services. I must say the house has been soooo quiet in their absence; i would much rather have them at home with all the noise around me. I miss them alot even though they have only gone for a few days.Can't wait to see them tomorrow.
***
Anyway aside from that Jade and I have been doing a fair bit of walking this past 2 days.
Yesterday we walked to a tescos with our guard dog following us.No we don't have a dog but there is a dog called Tootsie that belongs to a lady who lives up the street and it has taken up residence in our front garden every day. The reason i call it our guard dog is because it bites any strangers who come near the door. Very handy when the Mormons or Jehovah's witnesses decide to knock...just joking. Well we have grown very fond of this wee dogie and would like to keep her but i don't think the owner would agree to that. Ah well you never know.
***
We went into town today and did some shopping; I just love to spend money on the kids so we got some clothes and other bits 'n' pieces. After walking from one shop to another we got very wet with the heavy rain so we stopped at a cafe and had a wee cup of tea and a bun to re-fuel and warm us up a bit. We took a bus back home and Jade really enjoyed it, so much so she wasn't shy in saying loudly "Mommy this is my first time on a bus" so everyone could hear her.
***
Stan sent me some pictures from Scotland via his mobile phone so i thought i would post some.
Those 2 wee people are my boys Marky and JJ. This was taken outside deep sea world in Edinburgh.


JJ and Marky with funny looking hair do's or should i say hats.


Pastor Mark is looking a bit scarey in this picture. I wonder if he was speaking to his wife-to-be in this photo and if so did she know what he had on his head????



5 comments:

Lydia said...

It sounds like ya'll have been having a lot of fun! I really like the pictures!

Unknown said...

Karen
I enjoyed your post. The hats looked so cute on your boys!

Chyrll said...

It sounds like you've been having a wonderful time with Jade.
Great pictures!

TO BECOME said...

Well, the rest of your family will soon be home and things will be back to normal if there is such a thing.lol Enjoy the quiet while you can. I grew up with a very large family so I have to have some noise even when I am alone. Have a good day, Karen. connie from Texas

wildbird said...

Hallo, Karen, I,ve just begun to enjoy the new four wheel drive JEEP,
THAT I BOUGHT,look out rabbits I,m on my way.
Trisdale.